Sunday, February 17, 2008

02/17/08

Nahhhhhhhhhh, You Bahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

It has been a while since we dropped those sayings, huh? It’s Saturday night at 10:09 PM. We just got home from visiting Ma and Pa and Suzanne’s family. Not to mention, we took a little valentine’s dinner at Applebee’s which was nice, did a little exchange at Target and now it’s home to put the girls to bed and head there ourselves soon. Aynslee started walking a little tonight. That was fun to sort of trick her into walking from place to place. She’s still such a chicken that you kind of have to trick her that you are still holding on, but really you are giving a little touch to her side to give her that impression that she is being supported and goes it on her own. There’s a life lesson in there somewhere. Oh, before I forget, here is a comment left by Clayton on your Blog…
Hey, sounds like your havin one heck of a time over there, my mom and dad say hi. So how have you been other than barfing nonstop and sitting in front of waterfalls?

So if you’d like to reply, I will pass it along to his e-mail. In other family matters, Dad told me that Tim is having a rough patch with some employee issues and asked if I wouldn’t mind doing some HR moonlighting for Tim’s company. I’m all for it. The problems I heard he was having are elementary compared to what I deal with at FC. So I might be talking to Tim about that soon. We’ll have to see. Dad will probably be writing to you about the Elder Lee he found in his deck of business cards he keeps from all the missionaries. So sounds like we might have a connection. If it was Douglas J. Lee or David J. Lee or something. But it seemed like a D first name with a J middle initial for sure. Out of Monroe Utah? I bet we have a connection there.

I’m still blazing through the B of M. I’m now in Alma and will burn through that quick since I love Alma. I love the wars, strategies, butt kickers and heroes, the intrigue and plot that you get in Alma. All mixed in with some good Doctrine of course. Alma is sort of where it gets to where I can’t put it down for a few chapters after I planned to quit reading for the night. Good stuff. Oh, and I finally got my camera back tonight. Mom and Dad had it at their house only after Grandpa brought it down from his house. It’s been missing since we left it up there around Christmas. I thought we lost it in the move, since that’s where we lost most everything and it was only a couple of days after Christmas while we were packing that whole time, so that makes sense. So now that I have that back, I’ll get some pics of the new house ready to roll out to you. Are you still snapping some pics? I have put up some good updates on your blog since getting those picture CDs from ma and pa recently. So the more you can send home the better. Everyone loves to see what you are up to, just as much, if not more than hear about what you’ve been up to. There will be plenty of the girls on there too, for sure. That’s about all we take pictures of anymore.

You probably heard all about the snow we’ve been having lately. It’s CRAZY!! I’m so sick of this winter! We got blasted on Wednesday night, to the point where it took people 3 to 5 hours to get home from work, it was that bad. Some people south of Mom and Dad had to leave their cars on the side of the road and hike home since they couldn’t drive any further. We had employees that couldn’t make it in the next morning. In fact, if I didn’t have a 4 wheel drive truck, I wouldn’t have attempted going to work the next day. I was in 4 High just to get out of my driveway and 4 low all 26 miles into work. The highways were all snow packed. You couldn’t even see lanes or lines anywhere. But people were so stuck in the freeways and surface streets that they were running out of gas, filling up trucker bombs in whatever bottles they had in their cars and throwing them out, doing all kinds of crazy stuff. I would have died if I was stuck in mess like that. I had a slow 50 minute ride home from work, but everyone who lived in the SL Valley and south to Provo, were all stuck in gridlock for hours. Took mom a few hours to get home to the WJ. So the Cracker Barrel. I’m kind of surprised Ma and Pa were eating there. I am not a fan. I’ll eat almost anything, anywhere, but the Crapper Barrel has disappointed on more than one occasion. I had a lot of southern cooking in Harlem from folk who hailed from the south. I like me some Grits and Collard Greens, but that’s about the extent of what I like from the south. Everything is so greasy and that goes for the catfish. Ughhh. I can’t handle the levels of butter and grease in southern food. So I get kind of sick every time I eat at the Crapper Barrel.

Oh, while we were over at Ma and Pa’s they brought out an envelope addressed to you to see if I knew what it was. It was a combination license and looked like it had been renewed Feb. 10th and 30 dollars had been paid. Do you know anything about that? I thought it seemed weird that you would have renewed it since it’s good for 365 days from purchase, so that it would expire next Feb. 10th and it didn’t seem right that you’d want it for this time now till you come home, that would be a waste. But I explained to them a combination license is for fishing and hunting small game. They about shredded it because they didn’t know what it was. So what do you know about that? Anything? Should I just have them put it with all your other stuff in your box for when you get home?

Looks like Clint and Rachel just started their own blog so the family and their friends can keep up on the triplets as they develop inside mama. They have a days till born counter and stuff on there. Kind of fun.

So what have you learned this week? What valuable life lessons, spiritual awakenings, or general inspirations have you had? Write that back in your next letter.

Here is your quote of the week…

“Missionaries, be courageous. Don’t ever be afraid to stand up and testify of the truth. Stand up for the church. Stand up for what you teach. Stand up for your testimony. Be a missionary of courage!”

- Alvin R. Dyer

I know that’s not a problem with you. I’m sure you teach with boldness, with power and conviction and that it emanates from you as you go about your work whether it is with investigators, or with fellow missionaries. Keep on rockin’.

I think that’s all I’ve got for you this week. I’m always excited to get some mail or e-mail from you. So when you have some time, blast me some goods.

I’ll talk to you soon.

Love,

Trav

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

You are Visitor#