Monday, January 28, 2008

Part 2 of his letter this week

This is a continuation from his new companion's bio, so it's numbered starting at 3. These are just questions that I asked after we heard about his new calling...

3) Where is your area now? Will you proselyte it much? Or will you be in the office and out and about most of the time? My New area is called Matthews, its in Charlotte, but in the south eastern part of it. We only get to Proselyte maybe a 1/3 of the time a normal Missionary would in a transfer. Meaning we get to work almost full time for the last 2 weeks of a transfer, but for the first 4 we are working like mad in the office and traveling doing exchanges and zone conferences.

4) Are there 2 or 4 APs in your mission? Who are the others? There are just 2 AP's in this mission, the other is my companion Elder Lee, although, when there is a 3-some in the mission President will call a Traveling AP

5) Are you mostly office AP or a traveling AP? We do Both, we travel a lot to do exchanges but we also do office work for President Hobbs. We'll actually be out of town starting tomorrow and wont be back till late friday night.

6) What will your daily or weekly schedule look like now? It varies so widely, i can't say.

7) How did your call come? What did Pres. Hobbs or whichever AP tell you? And how did you react? He just called me up in the middle of the day on Tuesday before transfers. He asked how the day was going so i said it was going great. he then asked me if I was loyal to my mission president, I said Yeah. He said: "Good, I want to call you as an Assistant to the Mission President... are you willing to accept this call?" I was pretty breathless and nervous but squeeked out a yes. Then he asked me if i was good with computers, hahaha. I said i was ok, and he told me i was going to need to hit the ground running and that we were on fire. He told me my companion would be Elder Lee, and then said he loved me and goodbye.

He continues to have such a great attitude about his mission and the work. It's great to hear his testimony.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

You are Visitor#