Sunday, April 29, 2007

04/29/07

Whopat’s Opup? How’s your horse latin? Have you trained E. Gardner in the ways of HL yet? I was over at ma’s and pa’s last night and read your last letter to them and saw the generation picture. I have one of Me, Schweitzer, Werlich, and Wood so me and my posterity on down to my great grandson. The cool thing was my Grandson, Werlich was wearing my tie I got from my trainer that I passed down to Schweitzer and on down. So that was cool. I hope you are passing an ugly tie that will stand the test of time as it is passed from one generation to the next. I noticed in that generational picture, that you and Gardner had a Parker in the pocket, but Leavitt had some weak imposter. Were you never able to bring him to the truth? You will have to work hard on him since he’d be a valuable asset to the cause. We could use someone of his caliber and strength.
We have all the PMG’s wrapped up to give out for Mother’s Day. Had to get some milage from them since they were over $7.00 a pop. Shelli is technically a mother to her cat, so there we go. So they will all get their PMG in a little over a week. I will take my test on the 12th, too, so I will have time to study it after that.
That’s awesome that you had some success from Gladys Knight coming. I’m not a big fan of her music since she “gospelizes” all of the church music, but I know that’s a good middle ground for the southern Baptist types that will like that kind of music style and not so much our reverent ways. So I’m glad to hear that she helped bring so many “referrals” as it were to the missionaries out in the field. Cool! Let us know what comes of those you teach that came from that.
I’ll be excited to do some “real hunting” as you say when you get back. Any kind of hunting with a shotgun is my forte. I have to bust in my 12 gauge anyway. I’m dangerously accurate with my 20 gauge mini bounder. I can only imagine what I will be able to do with extra shot and granules of powder!!
So how were your interviews last Wed.? You say they are always so spiritual. I know the feeling. That only comes with that much power to those missionaries who are open to that spirit though. I knew missionaries who dreaded those interviews and never gained anything from it. But when you are living 100% obedient and working as hard as you can, the more you will gain from those interviews and be recharged from them. I’m glad to hear that you are maximizing the effectiveness of those. That is what lead me to pick this quote as the quote of the week this week.
“There is one language that is understood by every missionary: the Language of the Spirit. It is not learned from textbooks written by men of letters, nor is it acquired through reading and memorization. The language of the Spirit comes to him who seeks with all his heart to know God and to keep His divine commandments. Proficiency in this language permits one to breach barriers, overcome obstacles, and touch the human heart.”
- Thomas S. Monson
It’s sort of crazy how you can communicate with the language of the spirit sometimes in some circumstances, right? Where you will say things that even surprise you just by what is said, or maybe just with the power that backs what you just said? It’s seriously a small miracle of sorts how that happens. I love it and miss it often. It happens every so often now days, but not near the frequency or power as on my mission.

Brinlee was “helping” me out in the yard yesterday as I was mowing, edging, pruning, and weeding. She would pick the dandelion seed bulbs, you know? And hold it up high and say loudly “I wish, I wish with all my heart…” and then make a wish and then blow all the seeds everywhere. We don’t know where she got that, but it was cute to watch her. She did it with a well over 10 of them making for tons more dandelions in my yard in the near future, but it was too cute to stop her. I actually mowed over the rest of them anyway and she yelled at me for breaking the “wishing flowers”. I also got out the spreader and spread dandelion/turf builder all over my front and back yards after that too. So we shouldn’t have too many more “wishing flowers” around after yesterday. I’m about ready to bring down the aspens soon too. They have had it. It’s time to get rid of those and bring in something new that will grow fast and full. They look more beater every year. So I’ll enjoy the 2 weeks of spring they actually look good with the new leaves, and then take them down when they start yellowing up.
Mike Woodbury came into town last week. So we got together Friday night and went golfing at Glenmoore. We got over to Matt’s about 9:00 PM to play some tennis at Trailors-Ville High but the lights weren’t on as he promised they would be. So we went out to daybreak to check out Matt’s new house that’s almost built just a couple blocks away from the new temple site. Then we went to Apollo Burger for some tasty food at 10:00 PM. Ha ha. Then just hung out and reminisced about he good times till a little after midnight. It was fun, but I was a little bummed about not playing some tennis. I was looking forward to putting some old school whoop butt on my old tennis chums. Have you played any tennis out there on a P-day? I think I only played 3 times my whole mission.
We have a pinewood derby event coming up next month. I plan to put in some effort and win that thang! We’ll have to see what comes of it. I will probably try to pimp it out in Dad’s shop. I don’t have all the resources at my disposal that he does for that kind of thing. We’ll see what I can come up with.
Well, I need to go up and prep the grill for the first BBQ of the season. It’s been winterized, so I need to clean it up well, get it ready and grill some good action on there for dinner.

Not much else this week anyway. So I’ll get back to you again next week. Hope all is going well for you and your area.

Keep up all the good work. Time is going fast. It will be over before you know it. Work so you will have no regrets.

Love and miss you!

Trav

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

You are Visitor#