Sunday, April 22, 2007

04/22/07

What up Playa?!
What have you been up to lately? Me? Same old, same old. I had my last class on Thursday night. However, I’ll still be doing my study group on Thursday nights at FranklinCovey like usual. We just moved it from our regular Tuesday nights to Thursday nights when class usually was. I’ll do that till I do my test on the 12th of May. At least I have my Tuesdays back now to do as I wish. That’s a good step in the right direction.

We had Grandpa over for dinner this week. We had good intentions of cooking him a good meal, but our original night we planned was Monday and Suzanne and I ended up going to the Jazz game in the Xpedex suite. So we rescheduled till Wednesday night. We got so wrapped up in stuff and ate our original dinner we prepared for Monday, so we just got some Applebees pick up for us all. It was good. It was fun to have gramps over to hang out for a night too. Brinlee had a blast and liked sitting by him and reading some books with him.

The Jazz game was fun. We spent so much time eating all the good free grub like the super tender, fall off the bone, BBQ ribs, BBQ chicken, BBQ brisket and BBQ beans. Mmmmmmm, they were so good. I had a few cokes, a salad, and lots of jelly bellys, Peanut M&Ms and some almonds and peanuts. I was so full, that when the dessert cart rolled through, I just took a big ol’ thing that was pre-wrapped and held on to it till we got home. The guy from Xpedex who sponsored us hooked us all up with some micro-mag flashlights too, so it was a sweet night in the suite. Pun intended.

I got my new Leatherman knife this week too. It has a patented blade launcher that you pull this tiny trigger on it and the blade flies open even faster than your standard switch blade. It’s so awesome, I wet myself almost every time I open it.

I home taught my new family today for the first time. I’m excited. They are a cool family. Their older son is named Zealand and the baby boy is named Corbin. I think those are cool names for boys.

Clark is in Australia for a couple of weeks with his brother in law on a fun trip. Doing some diving off the great barrier reef and hanging out along the sunshine coast and gold coast which are both farther north than we’ve been before. I’m jealous. He’s down there on Snowbird’s bill too since they bought the tickets for him for the trip anyway back when he was still working there before he left for the airport. He’s working for Kennecott now, ha ha. But still had to use or lose those paid for tickets. I don’t blame him. I would have done it too. So he’s been e-mailing me to let me know what he’s up to.

You will be pleased to know that I bought a PMG book for Stosh, Shelli, and Ma and Pa. So I’ll distribute those at the next family function. I didn’t think they’d be 7 bills each. Oh well. It is done and now everyone will have it and can start reading it. That will be the next step, to get them all to read it once they have it. You will have to send recommendations on how to use it most effectively and what sort of things to do with it so everyone can maximize the benefit from it.

Well, in true fashion, I started this way late on Sunday night and now it’s almost 11:00 PM and I’m dog tired. I’m going to end this at an uncharacteristically short point in the letter and get your quote of the week in and go to bed. I have that tired buzz going where I’m totally buzzing from being so tired and I don’t know if I’m going to make much sense soon.

One last thing before I get to the quote of the week… I somehow got on the topic of Xbox with some of the management team at work and they said you play Halo? I said “I dabble”. They smiled at each other and told me we’ll have to start up those “Manager meetings” again soon. I said what meetings? They told me that they will go to Casey’s house and play halo for an hour just about every day. But they haven’t done it in forever. I said How did I never know about this before? So we are going to revamp those “meetings” soon which will be sweet. I’m going to have to get practiced up again and shake the rust off, but I will mop the floor with those chumps. Ha ha. I can’t wait. Just something to get you all Halo trunky again.

Anyway, you quote of the week this week is brought to you by Lorenzo Snow.

“There is a way to reach every human heart, and it is your business to find the way to the hearts of those to whom you are called on your mission.”
- Lorenzo Snow

You have been put in the mission you are in and the area you are in and with the companionship you are in for all the right reasons and combinations. The Lord is the master coach and he knows just who and where he wants his best players to be the most effective in winning the hearts of those who have not yet accepted his gospel. Go out there with that in mind, find the way to open the hearts of those around you. Find a way to teach Elder Garder? The best way to do just that as well. Use his limited experience to your benefit. Let him make recommendations and play off his promptings as they come. Encourage him to participate as much as possible and let the Lord work through him and find out just why he has been sent to you, in your area, of your mission and compliment one another in the winning of souls.

You are awesome Mike. Keep up all of the great work. I know you are working hard, I know you are working smart. I know you are doing what you need to do to be the best missionary out there and I’m so proud of you.

Talk to you again soon.

Love and miss you always.

T-rav

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

You are Visitor#