Sunday, March 25, 2007

03/25/07

Yo Boyo,
This letter won’t be as long as usual. I have been super busy with that class I took down in Vegas. That was Wednesday through late Friday night. I got home around 3:30 AM Saturday morning. My flight was delayed about an hour because the airport there was so busy and backed up. It was OK though, because I made good friends with these two old ladies that stayed at my hotel and who rode the shuttle with me to the airport. We all flew out about the same time, so we had about 3 hours to kill. So we hung out together just chatting it up about everything. They were cool. One from Florida and the other from Ohio. It was nice to have someone to talk with. The whole trip was kind of lonely for me. I made friends with some peeps in my class, but we weren’t hanging out after class or anything, basically because everyone was going to strip clubs and what not afterward. So I was happy to be a home body during the trip and stay in my room the whole time, as lonely as that was. I did some work while I was in there, watched some sports center on ESPN and some classic boxing matches like George Foreman vs. Evander Holyfield. Ate some Panda Express, watched some pigeons venture into my 8th story room from my little balcony I had but then fly out when they realized I was right there. That was about it. Time went fast there though. But I was getting bored and lonely. The training was good. I’m actually starting an investigation tomorrow (Monday) already, using that method to get a confession from a manager who has been doing some things he shouldn’t. I’m looking forward to trying it out and getting the practice. I have to say, watching tapes on these interviews actually conducted, seeing and hearing examples and even watching the instructor use it on some peeps in the room for demonstration purposes, it’s very impressive the way it works. I’m excited to use it when the girls get a little older and I start interviewing (Interrogating) the boys who come over. Mwah ha ha ha ha!!!! They are in so much trouble!
Last night I went to an Odyssey Dance Theater show with John at Kingsbury Hall. It had some peeps from So You Think You Can Dance in it. I know that was your favorite show as well as mine, so I bring that up. It was so good! I loved it. I love cool dance things like that. John loved it and in fact has season passes to this company’s dance shows and I told him that if he likes that stuff, the show on Fox is all that and more. I told him he’d love it. He denied it though and tried holding strong like you did. But mark my word. I have a strategy that involves Lynn Marie who loved that show too, and come early summer time, I will own him. He will become a huge fan of that show! Hear me now and believe me later. It shall be done!
Brinlee is here right now. She sent you a letter that she wrote you last week. It went with Shelli though on the day that I flew out to Vegas. She picked me up with Staci and the two of them and Ajax took me to the airport. So instead of making them all run to the post office with me, Shelli said she’d send it with some stuff that she had to send anyway. So hopefully she’s sent it and didn’t forget. But you have some art work and letter from Brinlee, along with some pictures of Aynslee. So look for that. Along with your photo card and some ties and some Parker refills. So look forward to that package. The ties are good. I just don’t ever wear them. So they are on their way to you to wear, to use as tie trading leverage, or to give away to someone. Your call. Let me know which ones you keep and like. Let me know what you did with the rest too. Hopefully the parker refills come in handy. I just switched mine out to my new cartridges. I still have more, so don’t go sparingly on those. Pound the journal entries, write a ton of letters, write your information in hundreds of Books of Mormon. But use them like crazy!
Let’s go right to the Quote of the Week for this week. The reason I chose this one this week is because of what you said you were doing with your companion recently in making covenants with the Lord to receive blessings. I really didn’t figure out the power of covenant making till later in my mission and you are already in full swing. I am impressed with your ability to use the Lord’s pattern for really getting things done through his committed servants. On with the quote…

“The Lord’s formula for receiving the Spirit is to get on our knees and communicate with Him. Tell Him what we are going to do – make commitments with Him – outline our program – and then get up off our knees and go and do precisely what we have told Him we would do. In the doing, the Spirit comes.”
- Hartman Rector, Jr.

Keep up the solid work the way you have been. That’s great you have seen so many blessings as a result of your covenant making and obedience and of course diligent hard work. I guess Janet is baptized by now. How was that? I can’t wait to hear all about it. What about Transfers? Anything happen? We are excited to hear about that too. If something happened, I’m sure it was something good for you and for Elder V. If you two are still together, then I’m sure you will see even more sweet success together as you both continue to tear up your area. I forgot to tell you about one of those ladies I was hanging out with in the airport the other night. Almost all of her family is in Ashville, NC. I should have gotten some information for you to have the Ashville boys go find them. They seem like an awesome family. I told her that you were right out there by Ashville. Even though I’m not sure how close you are. But it seems like Ashville must be pretty close. I seem to remember you saying something about the Ashville Elders, am I wrong?
Oh, I was looking at Chad’s MySpace page the other day because I noticed there was some activity on there recently. So I clicked on it and he has all kinds of picture updates and other stuff on there. Apparently he gets on there all the time and updates it. What’s up with that? Elder’s getting on MySpace? That CAN’T be kosher with Mission rules. There is way to much to see and do on MySpace for a missionary. I mean, RIGHT???!! I was talking to his Dad in Quorum today. I didn’t know Chad had an older brother. About 23 with a kid and lives up by Seattle. That kind of shocked me.
Well, I need to get going so I can put this interrogation together for tomorrow morning. It takes about an hour of prep time for a 20 minute interrogation. I’m only planning on 20 minutes because I think I’ll have him cracked within 15 minutes max. Ha ha ha. I’m going to be a regular Jack Bauer Corporate Edition. Yeeeeah! I’ll let you know what happens next week.
I am excited to hear back from you tomorrow. Fill us in on all the work, any changes that may have happened, if you have received anything from Shelli yet, etc. Oh, I just TXT’d Shelli to see what the status was and this is what she said… Shelli Alexander: I'm sending it first thing tomorrow. I planned on sending it saturday but i got stuck at work. So look for that this week hopefully.
K, Choch. Starting on my prep. I’ll talk to you again next week and look forward to your e-mail tomorrow.
Love you, miss you.

Trav

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

You are Visitor#