Sunday, October 29, 2006

Ronald Emery's Mission Profile

Ronald W. Emery
Mission: South East Mexico Mission
Dates: June 1966 - October 1968
Areas: Jalapa, Vera Cruz, Poza Rica, Puebla, Tuxla Gutierrez

I remember there were some US sailors that were in the town where we were serving. One of them was hit by a car and had a badly hurt leg. We told someone to call an ambulence and so they got an ambulence which came and picked him up. We were half way to the hospital and the ambulence ran out of gas. That was the emergency vehicle in that town.

I remember them cooking grass hoppers till they were almost black, then put salt and/or pepper on them and eat them like popcorn.

The area that made up my mission is now divided into 4 missions with 3 or 4 temples. My last area I served in, Tuxla Gutierrez, I went down with a greeny to re-open that area. Now there is a temple there because they've baptized so many people.

(Ron's Mission Scripture)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

You are Visitor#