Sunday, July 13, 2008

7/13/08

What’s new young one? You found the results for those tests yet? We are eagerly anticipating the results to those! How is your new calling? Area? Companion? District? We better get another companion Bio for this new guy. I don’t remember his name even. Here we go:

Full name:

Where are you from:

Where did you work before your mission?

What are you going to do when you grow up?

What is your favorite thing about your mission?

Favorite Scripture?

Favorite thing to do when you are not a missionary?

Girlfriend back at home?

Favorite TV shows?

Favorite cold cereal and why?

Play any sports?

What do you think about Elder Alexander’s short tie syndrome he seems to suffer from?

That should do for now. It’s kind of cool that this will be your last companion bio. Wow. I am updating your blog as we speak and I’m looking at some of Preston’s shots. I can’t believe that total poser car that’s all hopped up on massive rims and tires. Ha ha. Then there are the pics and video of his dog. Is that seriously his dog?

Well, I started my new job this week. 5 days at the Sandy store to get the know the ins and outs of store management, store operations, logistics, stocking, inventory, etc. It was a busy week, but informative. This next week I’m setting up my office at the downtown location, then setting up my home office, then Wed,Thurs, Fri, I’ll be down at the Orem location. It’s a busy month. Suzanne and I also went on a date to dinner and a movie. That was fun. We only do those like every 3 months. It’s crazy how we can only get out by ourselves that rarely. But we had a good time.

It’s Sunday afternoon now and we went to Stosh’s ward for Maddy’s blessing. It was nice. Good food afterward. I was pretty full after plowing down some serious grub. Then we came home and took a nap, it was a nice Sunday. First semi relaxing Sunday in a long time. Now I need to get ready for the week. I’m mostly just setting up shop at my new office downtown. I get to cruise through the store loading up on whatever I need for home and work offices and expense it all to my department. That will be fun. After I set up, I’m just doing some online trainings which are easy enough. So that’s Monday and Tuesday. Then down to check out the printing facilities in Orem for the rest of the week.

The girls went to Lagoon this week too. They had fun of course. Just rode the basics, but had a good time. Wait, that was last week, because it was my last day of work and I worked super late to get everything done and wrapped up. So that’s why I didn’t go.

Sounds like you have a good challenge ahead in Carmel. How is that coming? How are things working with the mission leader there? How is that golden lady you got set up with? How about your other teaching appts? Sounds like you had a bunch happening last week. How was your last Zone conference soaking it all in? you are probably feeling the pains of short timer syndrome now. It’s tough when you know you only have such a short time left. But it’s awesome too. I had some of the best weeks of my mission in my last month.

I just fixed your countdown timer. It stopped working a couple of days ago for some reason. But it’s all fixed now. You will have to write back and fill me in on your week, send the test scores home, answer my questions and send back the companion bio.

Here is your quote of the week…

“You have been set apart; you have received your errand from the Lord. Go to, and may God bless you. I have no fear whatever that the candle lighted in Palestine years ago will ever be put out. It will shine more brightly always. This is the work of the Lord. We are doing His service. It is time now that we gird up our loins and go forward with a new dedication to this great work.”

- Spencer W. Kimball

Now as you get to this point in your mission, you should go forward with a new dedication to this work. You have the testimony that this is the Lord’s work, it is his errand you are on. Make haste as your time is so near to an end. How many of my letters have I ended with the exhortation to work harder, go faster, leave it all on the field? I know you have the urgency. Use it well in these last fleeting days. Have no regrets.

Love you. Talk to you soon,

Trav

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

You are Visitor#