Sunday, October 14, 2007

10/14/07

Hey Buddy,

What’s going on this week? I’ll make this a quick one again this week since it’s late and I’m super tired. I was watching some Sunday night football upstairs and couldn’t stay awake. I had our cousin Shaun Alexander playing in this game and no matter how hard I tried, I kept falling asleep and snoring all loud Suzanne said. Ha ha. I forgot it was Sunday night and I needed to get a letter out, so no matter how tired I am, I better get this out before tomorrow morning. I will win both of my leagues this week in FF. That’s good. Keep my un beaten record going in the EQ league and improve from a truly pathetic 1-4 to a sickly 2-4 record. We set Austin apart as a Priest today, so we spent the evening over there after that. We had a pretty tasty meal, played a bunch of ping pong, had a huge dessert and played more ping pong, then caught up on FF scores and went and played more ping pong. Austin is all into Ping Pong right now, so we have been playing that any time I go over there. I guess Halo 3 is easy to beat in like 3 hours and you will beat the whole game. Kind of disappointing to some peeps. So because of that, we have played more ping pong than Halo 3. We are getting good as in Olympic team good. You should see us. We are like 10 feet back from the table and throwing down some mean arcing top spin slams back and forth. No one in the family, including the coveted Christmas Eve tournament with extended family will be able to touch us. I have been winning the tie breakers, but we are pretty evenly matched. We can’t wait to go play in the family Christmas tourney and show them what for. After that, we went to Gardner Village and looked at all the witches they have out there. Brinlee is on a big witch kick for some reason. That is what both she and Aynslee are going to be this Halloween. So she had a lot of fun there checking those out. It was nice and cool and the leaves are pretty. I love fall. My favorite season. I’m getting pretty excited to play in our turkey bowl, even as unhealthy as I am. My meds have been helping with my heart issues I was having and my diet is getting better. I have only had one coke in like a week and a half or two weeks. But we are playing well in our flag football tourney with our stake. We are 2 -1. the one loss is to that team with 20-25 elders every week. They look un beatable. We watched them play on Saturday before our game started to get a scouting report on them. They really do switch teams with five fresh legs every series and they all have plays and execute them nearly flawlessly. We can’t compete with them, even though with only 4 and finally our 5th guy showing up, we could have tied it up with a TD and two pt. conversion if our time didn’t run out. So maybe we can compete with them now that we have 12 guys showing up. I checked, I’m still the only person in the stake with an un-necessary roughness call for when I blew up their QB when he waited too long to toss the ball. Ha ha. What could I do? I was wearing my Urlacher jersey and was playing by proxy there. Anyway, it has been getting me in shape, getting my football skills honed and getting me pretty pumped to play next month.

So what is the update on your journal accountability? I didn’t hear back last week on that. Don’t ignore the question. I’m a need an answer on that one. Just as you are holding me accountable on a couple of issues, I am likewise.

Also, what is the status of pictures? Any pictures coming anytime soon? Looking for some blog entries. You want to send me anything to address your peeps in the blog specifically? Send something for that if you want.

How were your splits and your busy week? Everything going well in your zone and with your investigators in your own area? Drop me an update on all that and of course something you learned this week, or just the epiphany of the week.

Here is the quote of the week…

“We must lay on the altar and sacrifice whatever is required by the Lord. We begin by offering a broken heart and a contrite spirit. We follow this by giving our best effort in our assigned fields of labor and callings. We learn our duty and execute it fully. Finally we consecrate our time, talents, and means as called upon by our leaders and as prompted by the whisperings of the Spirit.”

- Spencer W. Kimball

I know you are doing this and have been doing it since day one. I’m so proud of you and love to hear about your learning experiences, see the level of growth that has taken place in your life, in your spirituality, and in your testimony and faith. Don’t ever let that wane. Make sure you keep that level of commitment to the Lord always. Commit today that you will maintain the highest level of obedience and commitment to the Lord as you feel out there in His service. It will take you so far in life if you can maintain even a small level of what you do out there when your mission is completed. Keep learning, keep working. I love you and miss you. I’ll talk to you soon.

Trav

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

You are Visitor#