Sunday, July 01, 2007

7/01/07

Well, it’s that time once again for the weekly letter. Weeks go by so fast, it’s unbelievable. It’s Sunday at 3:44 PM right now. So I’m getting an earlier start than usual. I got your package the other day with the newspaper article and your pictures in it. So that’s cool. I’ll have plenty to update your blog with now. I’ll scan in the newspaper article first and post that since that is pretty sweet. I haven’t even looked at the pictures yet, but will get to that tomorrow. I have tomorrow off, so I’ll get a lot done, including copying your pics to DVDs and updating your blog.

We went to Taylorsville Dayzz last night. Always a good time. Worth making it a yearly tradition anyway. I saw a ton of peeps from the old hood there. It was fun to catch up with everyone. In fact, I was so busy talking to numerous other peeps that I hardly spent any time around the Emery clan. I felt bad about that. But it was fun. The fireworks were awesome as usual. Best fireworks in the valley. If you combined Murray Park, Sugar house park, and every other 4th of july show, you still would not stack up to the T-Ville dayzz show, that’s how surprisingly good it always is. They must put tens of thousands of dollars into that show, easily. Anyway, Brinlee always has a good time with that too, but she lost her balloon at the end of the night and watched it float up into the dark abyss and freaked out. I remember when I was a little kid, losing a balloon and watching it float and never stop and go so high and I got so freaked out by that. I cried until I ran out of tears. Ever since then, whenever I am outside holding a balloon, I have always had the hardest death grip on the string to where my fingers turn white or blue. It’s funny that Brinlee seems to have my same feelings about balloons drifting off and feeling scared and sorry for that poor balloon. We also did a little more house looking yesterday, in fact, had a realtor at our house giving us an appraisal to see what we could sell ours for. So its’ getting more serious it seems like. Again, this is no talky to the rest of the family on this subject because I don’t want anyone freaking out about us moving away. It’s still not even close I don’t think. I’m still not into moving, but I am beginning to think now that we might be in a new house by the time you come home. I’m looking close by like the WJ, South Jordan, and Riverton, but Suzanne is liking Kaysville and Farmington which are forever away and a commuters nightmare. So we’ll see. The good news about it all is we are going to walk away with more equity than we even bought our house for originally, how crazy is that? That’s how much prices have gone up on houses around town. While we are on the no talky stuff, I had my second interview with Target and I think I subliminally sabotaged it. I mean, it went OK, but I didn’t put any effort into it and just let it go at that. As a result, I wasn’t selected to get flown out to interview and I was actually relieved. I would have felt guilty taking it any further knowing that I wouldn’t accept a formal offer anyway. I don’t need to distract myself with other jobs right now. I’m still loving mine and it’s actually raise time next month anyway. So I need to focus and get ready for evaluation time.

How’s the work going for you this week? I’ll respond to your letter now…

So what is up with the crazy evil guy at the library? I’ll have to check with Ma and Pa if they got your boxes yet. I haven’t heard a peep out of them about anything. About registering to vote, I would have mom and dad look into it since you will have to do a absentee vote or something since you are still registered at their address and you would vote still as a citizen of Utah, but you would have to do an absentee being away from your home. See what they can dig up and they might actually have to do it for you or maybe can give them a change of address form to your mission office or … I’m not sure. Sorry. I don’t think there was a vote while I was out, so I didn’t have to mess with it. Yeah, there wasn’t. There was the 92 vote and I left the year after. So I didn’t have to worry about it. Does that seem weird that I was out so long ago? I’ve been home for 12 years. How crazy is that? Well, on September 28th this year will be my 12 year home coming anniversary. So it sounds like you had a productive week last week. Lot’s of finding going on. Did any of those pan out after teaching them? Any progress being made with any of them? I was just reading about the Biltmore estates in Asheville, NC. The largest home in the United States. It has 250 + bedrooms, not to mention tons of grand rooms for entertaining and dining, etc. Is that in your zone? Is that something you can go see? They do tours and stuff. It has 65 fireplaces and a dining room that looks like the one in Harry Potter movies. It has a bowling alley and massive indoor swimming pool. It was built by the Vanderbilts like 100 years ago and has still not been surpassed in size by any home in the US. Pretty impressive.

In the quote of the week I picked this week, it’s not stemming from anything necessarily. I just liked this one when I read it so I’m tossing it in.

“The principles of the gospel should be presented to men in humility, in the simplest forms of speech, without presumption or arrogance and in the spirit of the mission of Christ. By earnestness and simplicity missionaries will establish themselves in the truth, and their testimonies will convince others. They will touch the hearts of the people and will have the pleasure of seeing them come to an understanding of their message. The spirit of the gospel will shine forth from their souls and others will partake of their light and rejoice therein.”

- Joseph F. Smith


Have you done any follow up with anyone in the family about their PMG studies? Just curious to see if anyone else is reading it yet. I haven’t inquired, but can occasionally if you need me to. But it’s more effective coming from you, so maybe we better leave that in your corner. I’d love to see Mom and Dad both read it cover to cover. Stosh both read it together or separate, either way, and Shelli to read it too. So let me know if you get any updates there.

How’s your bike performing for you?

Did you get new shoes finally? What kind and how are they working out?

Oh, we are having our first Xbox party in Months and months over at my friend in the ward’s house this Friday. I’m going to be super rusty. Maybe I’ll bring Austin again just for kicks. We’ll play mostly halo 2, but there are a few other games we’ll be playing, including Guitar hero. I have no idea what the rage is on that game, but people are seriously addicted to it for some reason. We’ll play some gears of war which is fun and a few other games, but I might just do the Halo portion and bail. Not really up for staying till 3:00 AM on a night full of second best games. You know? I need to be saving up for my 360 for when Halo 3 comes out in Sept. maybe that will be what I’m asking for for my B-day.

Well, thanks for sharing your experiences with us again this week. Thanks for the pics too. I’ll get to looking at them tomorrow sometime after I read your new e-mail. Looking forward to that as always. Keep up the good work. Keep focusing solely on what’s important, and maintain the spirit in your companionship always. You are a freakin’ stud and I am so proud to be your brother. You are doing such great work out there and I appreciate the blessings that come from that. I don’t deserve 1/100th of the blessings I get, but I’ll take them as long as they’ll come. I’m so appreciative of every one of my blessings and tender mercies that me and my family enjoy on a daily basis. You are a part of that and I thank you. We still pray for you every night and for your continues success. Keep hunting and kick up a few more investigators this week.

We love you and miss you.

Trav

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

You are Visitor#