Sunday, May 13, 2007

05/13/07

Eh Yo,
I didn’t think I’d write you this week, but I just can’t NOT write you for even one week. I have written every single week since even before you went in the MTC and I can’t break that spree.
It was good to talk to you today even though it was short and I was being rushed. It’s funny how everyone gets uptight about time on the phone, so rather than deal with the feelings and what not, I just gave it up. We write more consistently than what most everyone get to talk to you anyway, so I was OK with it. I’m sure you were too.
I didn’t even get to tell you, I passed my test!!!!!! It took me about the solid 4 hours to complete it too, so it was a beast and a half. But it’s worth it. That’s a huge step in my career progression to have that under my belt. It puts me in the top 10 percent of HR professionals. I took the last 3 days off of work to cram my guts out and did just that. I was so overwhelmed with information by the time I took my test Saturday that I wasn’t sure I’d be able to perform very well. But it worked out. I’m pretty excited about getting that, but I’m just way relieved to be done with the class, study group nights and studying as a whole. Now I can finally read what I want and get back into the good stuff. I might bust into the PMG now just to stay ahead of the fam and set the example. But you will need to do the accountability reports. I told them this was by your request so they know you will harass them from time to time and are expecting it.

Well, let me know if you got my e-mail from last week. Maybe I’ll send it one more time in case the whole LDSmail network was down or something.

I better get the quote of the week in here and bail to bed. Maybe get some introductory section of PMG read while I’m at it. I’ll keep you updated on my progress.

“I think the great majority of our converts come into the Church not because of the way we teach the gospel, because often the pressing of gospel subjects confuses their minds, but because of the power of the testimony attendant with our teachings, which, actually produces the awakening of interest in the heart of the investigator.”
- Alvin R. Dyer

I was excited to hear that you got a referral from that documentary. I think that will produce some good referrals all around the country and I think that coupled with the information they learned on that, the curiosity it caused and team that up with the powerful spirit and testimony that good missionaries will bring with the message they requested, they will come to know the truth. I think the documentary was great. I know Dad wasn’t up on it, but I guarantee it will bring good from it and I was glad for it. I hope you can have some good progress with this guy that requested the information. Testify boldly to him and anyone you teach. I love to hear your testimony in your letters. You have a rock solid testimony that will come in handy well after your mission. Share it openly and often and it will continue to strengthen to the point where it can never be influence again. I hit that point on my mission, fairly early on, where I knew at one point, I can never be swayed where I don’t believe in this gospel. My testimony will be tested, it may even weaken over time, but it will never be destroyed. And that has played out to a certain extent. But I learned it’s like a living thing that needs constant nourishment and it needs to get out and go for walks with people who need to hear it occasionally. I can’t keep it cooped up inside all the time. It needs to get out and stretch its legs for good measure and it gets so much more active after it has a good outing. Keep up the good work Mike. I’m so proud of you. I wish I could have talked with you much longer today, but we’re good. I didn’t need it, you didn’t need it. It is great to talk for a bit and then get your mind back to the important stuff.
Talk to you next week.

Love,

Trav

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

You are Visitor#