Tuesday, August 15, 2006

08/15/06

Elder Babby the Babco Babbinator,

How is it going down there? This is my 5th letter now that I’m just going off of hunches since I haven’t heard from you yet. Do I need to send you homemade cookies or something to get a little love in return? Last night was the So You Think You Can Dance final showdown before the finale this Wednesday. I sat there and voted for 2 hours straight giving my redial button a work out. I think my dancer is going to win. I put in the work to represent the 801 fo sho! We’ll see during the 2 hour season finale on Wednesday. I can hardly wait and I’m sure neither can you. I’ll be sure to let you know so you don’t lose any sleep.

Today is FC Lagoon day. Everyone at my work is going. Should be fun. But I’m going to have to hustle home by 7:00 since I’m doing the private 4 round draft with the 3 expansion teams to get them up to speed. We should be doing the big draft next week sometime. So I’m looking forward to all that excitement. I need to set up my war room and get the big chart set up with my top picks. I love this time of year. They have been showing a lot of pre-season football on Fox lately too. Tonight is the Rams and Patriots. So I need to see how Marc Bulger is looking. He better be good. I’ve already kept him. I’m excited to take the BrinMeister to Lagoon today. She will have a lot of fun on rides like Bulgy the whale, the train, the Flying aces, and of course Puff the magic dragon. I’m stoked to go on those rides with her. Suzanne really can’t go on many of the rides being pregnant, so I’ll be the chief rider with her. But I think it will be way fun. I’m already wanting to take her on big rides, but that won’t happen for a few more years.

I had my elder’s quorum presidency over last night for PPIs. They asked me about my families and I told them I only got their names and info on Sunday. So I haven’t seen them yet. They said that they knew I’d do well getting my companion out home teaching again. I guess he hasn’t been doing it in quite a while. They also expressed confidence in my ability to see all 4 of my inactive families. Great. Why don’t you give me some sort of challenge . They asked me about my scripture study and I told them I read the Ensign almost every night. They told me that I needed to read the scriptures. I told them that maybe they should stop the teachers in EQ and Sunday School from referring to the Ensign as scripture then since that’s where I got that idea. But I made a goal to read the B of M cover to cover again by the end of the year. Whenever I do that, I always have the desire to jump back into it as soon as I can anyway and love the spirit that accompanies me throughout the day. I also seem to be given a thought or verse or story line that comes in handy that day from what I read on most days. I love that. So I accepted their challenge to pound the scriptures a little more and will read the B of M by the end of Dec.

We also got our windows bid to have new windows put in our upstairs. That is going to cost a bunch, but we got a great deal and we scored a free stay at the Johnson something Bead and Breakfast. So that will be cool. Free mini vacation out of the deal.

Suzanne scheduled her Ultrasound appt. for August 31st. So we will find out the day before my B-day.

We got Turtle back from the Vet the other day and he seems to be getting better slowly. We have to give him anti-biotic and feed him special non-fat food, and he has a shaved ring around his front right leg where the I-V was put in. He’s still a little moopy but I think he’s starting to feel better. He’s a little more mobile now and not limping as bad as before.

My whole day tomorrow is going to be at a Golf Tournament at Bountiful Ridge that one of our suppliers, UniSource is sponsoring. That’s going to be rough, golfing all day and getting paid for it. But someone’s gotta do it. Then the next day, Saturday, John and I are going to go fish Jordanelle. Hopefully I’ll hook into my first Bass.

So I still need to get info about your district, names, details, more interesting tidbits about your companion. In fact, see if his family has an e-mail address and I’ll contact them with the link to your blog, ask them for pics and interesting info. That may be quicker. But anything you can give me. The hordes of your fan base are foaming at the mouth for info updates on there. Don’t let your constituents down.

Alright, I’m back and now it’s Tuesday the 15th at 9:10 PM. I just went to Mom’s and Dad’s to read your one and only letter to the family since I’m starving for any information from you. I heard that Preston has heard from you so now I see where I rate on the scale. That’s harsh.

Anyway, I’m going to update your blog with what I can glean from your letter and send an update e-mail. I got your memory card from Best Boy. So I’ll send that. I ate a few bucks on it, but it’s all good.

I guess you heard by now that Turts is in Kitty Heaven. Sad that he got so sick. We’ll have to look for a sign for free kittens again soon. Or I might just call the pound and see if they have kittens since they do the spaying and neutering and give shots for the price you get them for. It’s a wash if I do that as opposed to getting shots for the new kitty and declawing and spaying.

Our draft is on Sunday. I’ll let you know who I end up getting. I’m getting pretty excited for it now that it’s close.

Brinlee wanted to write you so I’m throwing in her contributions to it as transcribed by Suzanne. Oh, and Lagoon day on Thursday was a blast. Brinlee loved it. She still talks about the scary pictures and monsters in the haunted houses. She liked those. She liked the boats and the helicopters and all the kids rides. She went on the mini Rocket called the Dragon Drop with me. That was pretty intense for little kids. On the first drop she was all tense and had a scared face. But she got into it. It’s a bid drop too. I got the butterflies in my stomach big time on it. That was my favorite ride since I could only go on the kid rides with her. Suzanne can’t ride any rides, so I didn’t have a ride buddy other than what Brinlee could go on. But it was a fun day. She was spent. She crashed hard in the car on the way home. She liked the flying aces even though that was a little intense for her. But that was fun to go on with her too. The water slide made her mad because we got soaked and she didn’t like getting wet. But it kept us cool for the rest of the day.

It was good to hear in your letter about your experience with Prayer lately and the testimony you have gained about teaching by the spirit. It sounds like you are getting a firm grasp on everything right away. Did you get vitamins at the MTC? I better be getting some response to my questions post haste. I still can’t believe you’ve been in there for two weeks and I’m sans letter. WILL YOU write your loving brother more often? I know that as you make time in your P-day to get a decent letter to him and his family, you will be blessed and you will enrich the lives of his whole family, especially an adoring niece that can’t wait to hear from you. Check that action… I still remember the commitment pattern. I recognized it the second I saw it in your challenge to Mom and Dad and Shelli. Nice effective use of it there. Well, I’m going to print this off and get it ready to send. Do you want me to send your memory card to the MTC or to your mission? We are about to cut it close on you leaving from the MTC eh? Let me know though.

Keep praying, keep taking your vitamins, keep eating all the free food you can there at the MTC. Keep writing and Keep on Keepin’ on.

Love you and miss you.

T-rav

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

You are Visitor#