Sunday, June 15, 2008

6/15/08

Whasupatchu Poppi?

It’s Saturday, and I have a little time to write your mug before we head out for our block party here in the hood and then up to Gramps house for Father’s Day festivities. I got up early this morning and went and got a gun safe and loaded the arsenal in there after I got it set up. That was high time. So now everything is safe and sound, out of little kid hands, and where they won’t collect dust. I’m pretty happy with it. I got it on the super cheap, so it’s a welcome addition. I got my .40 too. You will have to check it out when you get back. VERY cool! Last night after work, me, Suzanne, Brin, Ayns, Staci, Squash, A-Jax, and Shelby Lynn got together down at the Gateway and went to see the chalk art. A bunch of street chalk artists doing their thing out in the street. They let little kids take some chalk and do their own art in other sections of the street. So Brinlee and A-Jax had fun doing a little chalk art. They got all dirty though. We went to the food court and got our grub on and we did some splash pad fun out in the Splash fountains. The kids had fun. I was a little grumpy since I’m not a fan of big crowds, navigating my family with stroller, diaper bag, and our various sundry items we have to have to leave the house with two little kids in tow. I was too hot in the sun in my black shirt too. Plus, for being free, I had to drop duckets on two cars paid parking, $25 on food (with no validations for parking) $4.00/gallon gas to get two cars down there and back, and a couple of $2.00 per bottle waters. So the grumpiness could not be quelled. But you gotta do it. It’s familial obligations.

Thursday, I went bowling with Brinlee for Father’s Day with her school. It was dad’s and bowling day. I took her in a little later and we piled on the “fun bus” and headed to Classic bowling on 21st and State. There were a bunch of dad’s who got out their custom bowling balls, shoes, and ABF endorsed wrist guards. They chalked up their hands and got to some serious bowling. I saw their poor little bored kids running around trying to amuse themselves while their neglectful dads were all trying to go for a personal best and get that elusive 300 score. I wasn’t about that, so I had Brin, her 3 little girl friends there who were all clammering over me and we got to some serious bumper ball style bowling. The all had a good time and I threw one or two balls down lane all day, and I was happy with it. It was a good time spent with Brinlee and her little friends. I took some pics and will put them on my blog. It was Brinlee’s first time bowling and made me think we are going to have to do that a little more often. Just her in those funny little bowling shoes from the place was too cute!

On the breaking news front, I took another job. Ha ha. Yep, I’m leaving FranklinCovey and moving over to OfficeMax. I’ll be over HR for every Utah location they have. So it will be a good step up for me. I’m pretty excited about it. I negotiated 3 weeks to give to FranklinCovey. It’s going to be rough for them to get a replacement and give me a little time to train and transition them in that length of time. But it will get done. Hopefully, we can find someone in that amount of time. I can work from home more often than not in this job, so that will save me big gas monies. Plus with the product discount, I could set up a pretty sweet home office. Sweetness!

I get to talk in Church on the 4th Sunday. I haven’t been given my topic yet, but I’ll let you know when I do and how that goes. Maybe you’ll have some suggestions for me to throw in there. Well, it’s 3:24 now and we need to go do some Padre’s day shopping before our block party that we need to go to before we go up to Gramps house. So I best be on my way. I’ll check back in and finish this in a while.

Ahhhhhight, it’s Sunday morning now, time to start getting my lesson ready. But to update you on last night. We had a good Father’s day celebration up at Grandpa’s house. Everyone was there. We managed to hit up our block party for almost an hour still too. So it was good all around last night. I broke the news about the job to everyone last night and everyone is excited for me.

We have had a nice and cool if not sometimes cold spring this year and I’ve been loving it. But it just went from spring to summer officially as of yesterday. It’s down right hot now. At 10:00 AM this morning, with all of our windows open in the house from last night’s not so cool air coming in, it’s already hot enough to have everyone sweating in our shorts and T-shirts. This is the season I hate! But it’s going to be here for a while, so I might as well get used to the constant sweat.

So how did your week go this week? What new and exciting things have you done? I guess ma and pa got the DVD from you. But last night, forgot to give it to me at the party, so now it’s going to be at least another week before I see that again to start putting that stuff on the blog. Maybe I’ll bust a $25 round trip over there to get it today. That sucks! The gas prices are just killing everyone. Well, let me put in your QOTW in here and send this off. You might actually get it today if I do. There seems to be some delay though for some reason and you don’t get it till next week. But let me know if you do.

“When men go forth in the name of Israel’s God, there is no power on earth that can overturn the truths they advocate.”

- John Taylor

Just remember the power you carry and convey in your message. It’s such an amazing thing. Use that to testify boldly. The time is short. The message is so important that you need to exhaust every last effort to accomplish what you have been sent out there to do. Tear it up in these final minutes you have. I’ll talk to you soon. Write when you can.

Love,

Trav

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

You are Visitor#