Thursday, March 20, 2008

So close, yet so far away.

Just heard from Aunt Margaret. Sounds like she was nearly able to have a brush with Mike, if not a simple phone call. Oh well. It's fun to hear that they are so close out there anyway and nice to hear how Mike is regarded by the other Elders. Here is the e-mail from Aunt Margaret...

Travis, I was in N.C. visiting my mother last week. Two young elders came by my cousin's house while I was there, and Elder Dees and Elder Robbins. I asked if they knew Elder Alexander and their faces lit up! He is held in high regard by the other missionaries. That made me proud.
I phoned Pres. Hobbs and talked to him, since he is a friend of our daughter Amy back in Twin Falls. I asked if I might phone Michael and he said the brethren had asked family member not to. So I was obedient and didn't phone him. But I sure wanted to.
We are busily preparing for our departure to Nauvoo on April 15th for our Nauvoo Temple Mission. So excited! So much to do!
Love to you all, Aunt Margaret

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

You are Visitor#