Sunday, January 21, 2007

01/21/07

Wassup Yo?

It’s that time again to blast out another letter to Elder A. I’m sitting here with Brins right now. Here she is…

(Brin) “Some toys… some head bands… ummmm… some squares and windows and movies… good mission, have a good mission, ummm… I have been cleaning and drawing on the table on papers… and watching movies and TVs and books. I’ve been in the house and I’ve been cold. And it’s night time and eat dinners and computers and keyboards and papers. And Me littles. And chairs. And paintings. My being in dance class, so… I’m listening to mommy and daddy, can’t mind my mommy daddys. My have baby sister, feed a bottle. I got some books from the library. Some napkins and Minkas. Minka is a naughty kitty. My love you, My love you.”

(Travis) anything else?

(Brin) Nope, I talk about it already.

There you go. That’s the latest segment from Brinlee. Aynslee is eating a ton. She is cuter every day as her face kind of fills out and she gets a little more personality. If I’m gone at work for along day, when I get back, she seems to change in just that amount of time. It’s weird. She sleeps so much which is kind of nice too since she is so low maintenance that way. Suzanne is good, but I think she gets a little bored being at home all day. Work took us to Ruth’s Chris Steak House this week. Well, a Rep from Nenah Paper did anyway. The bill for 9 of us was almost 700 bucks just to tell you how spendy that joint is. I would never go eat there if it was on my dime. It was nice to say that I’ve eaten there now at least. The steak was good. I had the 12 oz. Filet. Then we had a bunch of sides and some bread and dessert. I was stuffed. Good eats, just over priced. Anyway, I think Suzanne enjoyed getting out of the house and having some adult conversation while Clint and Rachel watched the girls.

So let me respond to your last e-mail… You said that it has been slow and a little tougher going lately. You say you met some opposition? What was that about? Elaborate on that. I used to get some serious persecution in the South Bronx and Harlem, but not much anywhere else. Manhattan was always fine and so was Connecticut.

I was looking at YouTube the other day watching some stuff on Mitt Romney and it linked to a bunch of anti-mormon stuff that got me nice and riled up. I only watched about 3 minutes worth and that was enough. The God Makers is on there which is one of the most popular anti vids and I was pretty bugged as I sampled that. I had to get off that site quick or I was going to fly off in a rage. Even though I was looking at it for only a few minutes, it lingered and bugged for a couple of hours more. So I won’t be checking that action out anymore as bugged as I get. Not much I can do about it anyway. I guess your girl Hilary entered the race officially today. So you will have that to look forward to. I think Barak Obama may beat her out for the Democratic candidate anyway when it comes down to it. I can’t stand Hilary, but I can’t stand any of the democratic candidates whatsoever. I would be happy with Mitt as Pres. And I’d be happy with McCain too if he entered officially. I’d also be happy with Giulianni. He’d be a great Pres. I’ve heard him speak and I could be one of his biggest supporters if he entered the race right now. I really like that guy.

So you want some updates on the 49ers? Not much to update on except SanFran is getting impatient with Alex Smith. Frank Gore their RB was awesome this year. I should have been so lucky to have him on my team. He’s a stud. We’ll see how they do next year, but they were nothing to talk about this year. I was hoping Alex Smith would play as well all year as he started out the year. He was doing great! But petered out about half way through and choked it bad through the last stretch.

On to my Jeopardy game. Nephi? Are we sure he held the Melchizedek? And how are you so sure? You seem very adamant about that too. Send me your back up. I guess you are going to put some back up in your letter that was promised, but I was sans letter all week after I got your e-mail. So I’m still waiting for that.

So did you track down Jerry Smith? Did he ever show back up? What’s the status on Trey? Well, that’s all from your letter. So I’ll just keep going from here…

(Suzanne) Hi Mike, How’s it going?

That was short. She actually just came down to get me for dinner, so I had to hurry upstairs. Sorry. Anyway, I’m about to go to bed now. It’s midnight already. I stayed upstairs for quite a while. After dinner, I built Aynslee’s new dresser, and I mean built it. Every screw, every nail, ever single piece of wood and metal. Every aspect of that dresser was built by me. It took me forever! I still have a few finishing touches to put on it, so it’s not quite done yet. Then we watched Troy with Brad Pitt. Did you ever see that show? It’s like 3 hours long. It was OK. Not great, not really worth 3 hours of my time, but it was OK. I think I’m home teaching tomorrow after church, so I’ll probably get to this letter during some playoffs. Bears vs. Saints for NFC. Colts vs. Patriots for AFC. Should be good match ups. Well, I’ll check you soon.

Ahhhhhhhhight, back at it. It’s Sunday almost 6:00 PM. The Bears kicked the Saints where it hurts. And right now the Patriots are taking it to the Colts. I’m way sick of the Patriots and that jerk they have for a coach.

I talked to Chad’s dad today and he apologized for not having Chad’s address for me today. He thought of it too late. So I’ll see what I can do to get it for you. I also found out that one of the families in my ward has a missionary in your mission. Have you heard of Elder Yancy? He came out in October. His family are an interesting bunch. Anyway, he’s in your mission right now. I talked to his dad about that today, that you were out there in the same mission and in South Carolina right now. Let me know if you have heard his name or know who he is. When is your next transfer call?

Well, my stupid internet is down again. What’s up with this? I’m going to have to go to Ma’s and Pa’s to send your e-mail tonight. That’s alright, I need to scan some pictures over there anyway. So I should still have this to you for Monday morning.

Here’s your quote of the week from Elder L. Tom Perry out of the September ’06 Ensign. I like this quote because I found the same thing when I was out about as long as you have been, on my mission. You have probably found the same thing yourself…

“You enter Church service with the pure intent to build our Father in Heaven’s kingdom. The Lord more than compensates you for your time and effort with blessings that increase your talents and abilities to be used in further service. It is impossible to stay even with the Lord.”

I always feel indebted to people when they do me a favor. I mean, I can’t rest until I have returned a favor or done something for that person. I felt the same thing with the Lord on my mission. I felt so blessed that I wanted to try to make it up to the Lord, but found that the more I tried to do, the better I tried to behave, the more obedient I was, the harder I worked, etc. I was just blessed more and more and more and I felt that inability to ever break even.

I think I told you it was the 24 premier this week. It’s been good. Smallville has been really good too. I hope no one is sending you spoilers on that.

Well, I guess I’ve got out everything I needed to this week. I need more from you to expound the love in my next letters. I think I’ll head over to ma’s and pa’s now to send this off and scan some pics. Keep bustin’ your hump out there. We are proud of you and feel the blessings of having you out there. So keep blessing other people’s lives out there, AND here at home with your hard work.

Love you,

Trav

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

You are Visitor#