Saturday, May 03, 2008

Letter update 5/3/08

Just a quick letter update from this week. He closes with some pretty heart felt testimony. Good to hear he is loving his mission so much. It will be tough for him to end it in a few months...

We finished up with the Zone Conferences last week, so we're all done with that stuff, but now we're going on some mad exchanges with Zone Leaders and working on Transfers and tomorrow we're teaching at the mission home fireside, which is on the first Sunday of each month, so this is number 4 for me, this time it will be on The Message of the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ! The Zone Leaders have reported that 78 people will be in attendance, but its usually about half that much, so it'll probably be about 40 or so. But we stand up on the stairs down into the common room and preach from up there, but we try to make it more of a discussion, sometimes they do really well with participating, but other times we get a shy group and then you just have to work them over a little bit to get them to loosen up a bit. Hahaha, they're funny. Then Monday, we'll be heading up to Winston-Salem for an exchange till Wednesday. This last week we were in Gastonia Monday through Tuesday night, Wednesday we moved apartments, and then Thursday we went on another exchange with the Zone Leaders in Kannapolis till this morning. Thats that the Low down on the work here.

I LOVE this work, its such a time of miracles, i can't believe how much this work is guided by the Savior! My mission means so much to me, its changed me forever, I'll never be the same... This morning I was driving with the missionary i was on exchanges with and we were on the freeway getting to uptown Charlotte and as i looked at the skyline, and thought about my mission i almost started crying right there. I could feel the spirit so strong in the car, and couldn't say anything or i would have started crying, hahaha, its so incredible to me. I would just stay here forever and serve the Lord if i could. The world sucks, the gospel is the only thing i know now. My life would be wasted if i hadn't come out here to share the Gospel, it would have been all about me, but the truth of the gospel says its not about me, its about Him, the Savior, the Son of God, Jesus Christ. I never knew that or understood what it meant before. I hope you can feel the reality of the words i am writing to you. I feel as Nephi, i am not mighty in writing, but the wish of my heart is that the spirit carries it to your heart. I Love this work, I Love you, I Love the Savior.

2 Comments:

Blogger Patti & Dave Alexander said...

Mike that you for your letter. The spirit touch Patti & I's heart and compelled to share part of your letter in Sunday School class Patti taught today. About seeking and maintaining a change of heart. We really felt the spirit at church today.

Thank you for filling our soul again with that change of heart. We love you and love what you are doing, and we love our Savior.

9:49 PM  
Blogger Julie Foster said...

I beg to differ with Elder Alexander. He does have power with words. What an awesome testimony. Thank you to you his family for sharing!

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

You are Visitor#